Monday, October 2, 2017

Summer Days | Welcome Back


Hello, my wonderful little blog, and welcome back!

I decided, without much ceremony, to take a break from blogging during the summer. The funny thing being, around the middle of it all, I realized I hadn't even mentioned that to myself, hadn't bothered to pass a note of absence or even a smoke signal. And, in a way, I didn't know if I would return, and quite frankly, I felt my self standing wordless during most of my summer days, while my doubt stood grounded in the warm earth, as is the usual summer hush on my mind.

However, it seems I have come back for now, for this moment, this day in October; if only for a moment. I do know that I am fully capable of spreading another large gap between this post and the next, but if that is blogging for me, maybe I shouldn't fight it, maybe I should take my time.

And, who knows, maybe I'll post more because of that idea. This, perhaps, is my strange attempt at reverse psychology on myself to get my feet walking.

Maybe it will work.



I think that I wasn't quite sure why I was blogging when summer came around. For me, it needed to be something, this blog, paired with a purpose and a vision and consistency; I, myself, thought I needed to be something, with a purpose, vision, and consistency, as is the idea of growing up and making plans and all that. Or so I've heard. But summer told me no. Summer said to let be what is and move with it all and to be okay with less words and a huge variety of photos. God knows what is the now and what is the future, just take the freaking picture and stop worrying.

I ended up taking many photos over the summer. Mostly just for myself, as personal projects are the most special to me, as in those get-up-at-4:30-for-a-photo-idea kind of stuff that left me in a dark park, alone, because I completely miss judged when the sun would rise...

I also discovered the greatest thing, that is, a black bed sheet. It was a gift. For photos of course. It is *wonderful.* So much can be done with just a piece of fabric, and I went for it. (All the photos with a solid black background where taken with the sheet of glory.)

So, for this blog post, I decided I would share a compilation of my favorite summer photos, without a limit as to what style possess, or if it be conceptual or just a portrait in my neighborhood with friends or if it be simply a snap of my cats; you'll find it below.




I started this blog for my conceptual photography, and for that reason, it will always remain. But, with the change of seasons and the growing up and the shifts of inspiration, I have realized I am called, often, to take many different kinds of photos. This makes branding and marketing particularly difficult (stuff I'm taking classes for, yay,) and all I can say to that is... I'm still figuring it out.And I'll probably end up writing about it.

My therapy.

But as a purpose goes for this space, I have decided to post without restraining myself, instinctively, without going against my intuition and without holding hands to what I have told myself I must be.
So, you can expect random thoughts, behind the scenes, photos of cats perhaps, little stories of my life (aha, favorite hashtag for those Instagram users), conceptual work, portraiture, coffee, books, and maybe even some helpful hints (if you know what movie that's from, bless you).

I have also thought of writing tutorials and how-to's, but I'm not sure what photos to do such things with. If you have any specific photos you wish to see a bit more about, from those that I have posted to the internet previously, please, do let me know.

So, thank you for joining me here, on my little journey through life.  

Keep scrolling for a bunch of summer photos, including some that I haven't posted before (and I'll probably post some on Instagram soon!)















































No comments:

Post a Comment